- 1 “Discover How to Build an Email List for Free”
- 2 How to build an email list for free.
- 2.1 What Are Autoresponders Anyway?
- 2.2 Some Quick Tips That You Can Use to Build Your Optin List the Right Way
- 2.3 How to Keep your Subscribers Interested, Engaged and Coming Back for More.
- 2.4 How to Use Articles and Free Reports to Build your List.
- 2.5 A Greater Understanding
“Discover How to Build an Email List for Free”
One of the most powerful tools in online marketing is an email list. In this post you will learn How to build an email list for free. An optin list is simply a database of people’s names and email addresses. Usually this information is collected from them via a web form, which gives the list owner permission to send subscribers periodic emails on specific topics that interest them.
The best part of this powerful tool is that it gives the list owner the ability to communicate and build a relationship with people who are interested in their business, products, or services. When it comes to effective list building there are a few do’s and don’ts that you should know before you start your own optin mailing list.
First lets go over some of the things you should do:
– Always, inform people that they can unsubscribe at any time. Be sure to let them know that their information is safe and that you will never rent, sell or share their email address with anyone.
– Make sure that let your subscribers know what you will be sending them. It is important that you ask people permission to send them promotional email when they subscribe to your mailing list so that you can reduce your risk of being accused of sending SPAM.
– Be clear about how people can benefit from subscribing and how often you will contact them. Let them know exactly what they will be receiving.
– If you can, contact new subscriber as soon as you can. Welcome them with notes and tell them what to expect. A good autoresponder service will help you do this automatically.
– Make it easy to subscribe by having a highly visible subscription form or link on the main pages of your website. Signing up should take as little time as possible and don’t ask for too much information right away. A name and email address is all you need to get started.
– After someone subscribes then you should collect more data. For instance, you may want to know their company name, industry, or location. You can do this by including a survey in your emails to gauge interests. It’s important to understand where people are coming from so you can make adjustments in your communications or promotions.
– When you write an email, put yourself in the reader’s shoes and ask, “Why shouldn’t I hit the delete key right now?” Your readers didn’t subscribe because they want to hear a sales pitch. They have a reason for wanting information from you. It could be to save time, money, or effort, or improve productivity and success. Your emails must be compelling enough to convince people to sign up, valuable enough to keep them wanting more, and useful enough to pass along.
Next, are the things you shouldn’t do:
– Add everyone who has ever emailed you to your list. Always ask permission first.
– Purchase bulk email lists that you are not 100% sure that are optin. Always have an evidence to prove the legitimacy of the email addresses.
– Abuse the trust of your subscribers. This is a sure way to ruin your reputation, business and your chance of success. When you abuse your subscribers and bombard them with unwanted email, they will ignore your messages, unsubscribe or even worse report you as a spammer.
– Don’t offer fantastic incentives for subscribing. Although this may seem like a great idea, you will end up getting subscribers that only want the reward, not to learn valuable information about what your business, products and services can do for them. Instead, use incentives that are useful such as a free report, seminar, or more information about your products & services.
– Bombard your subscribers with too many emails. How many are too many? This will depend on your message. During the subscription process, let people know what they are getting before they join. We believe you should make contact daily for the first 7 to 10 days. This gets them in the habit of opening your emails. Then drop it back to 3 or 4 times a week.
– Don’t be reluctant to address the needs of your subscribers. Keep your information focused. It is important to give them what they want. This will keep them on your list and wanting more. If you’re information drifts off topic or is too generic you will lose subscribers as fast as you get them.
– Spend too much money acquiring email addresses. An optin list is a valuable asset and that means there is an investment on your part to build and maintain it. But, budget reasonably and in advance, find the most cost effective ways for reaching your target audience and know exactly how much it will cost to acquire each new subscriber. Keep in mind potential revenue, and lifetime value of each customer, and chose accordingly.
How to build an email list for free.
Building and managing an optin list provides the list owner direct access to potential customers. As we discussed in the last lesson, building and managing an optin list includes making it possible for website visitors to fill out an online form in order to sign up to receive email updates from you. These emails can contain updates, information, or news related to your latest products and services.
As we well know, building and managing an optin list is very important. Your list can be used in many ways. It’s a proven marketing technique, that many businesses use to keep customers, subscribers and website visitors updated and engaged in your business.
Gathering email addresses for your optin list can be done in several ways, using many different types of services, scripts and software. For today, we are going to talk mainly about using an autoresponder script or service.
An autoresponder script allows a subscriber to fill in a form and send it in to a specific address. The information is then processed and included in a database file. After that, the list owner can send a personalized reply to the subscriber to thank them for joining their list.
What Are Autoresponders Anyway?
There are several types of autoresponder’s available. They are divided into three main types:
- remotely hosted,
- locally hosted,
- and desktop hosted.
For many list owners, locally and desktop-hosted are far preferred over remotely hosted. Although remote hosted are a very good option in some cases, locally and desktop hosted autoresponder’s will allow you complete control because you are running the program on your own site.
If you have a domain name, you can use as many autoresponder’s as you like, all of which will match your domain name. When you use a remotely hosted program, you won’t be able to use your domain name with the autoresponder, unless you pay for a premium service. Instead, you’ll receive an address from the provider that resembles their link. This can be great for some, although many prefer to have their own domain name listed in the autoresponder.
If you use your own domain name with your autoresponder, you can normally keep it secret that you are using an autoresponder. When you send out emails using your autoresponder, it will display your website email, making it very hard to detect an autoresponder. This can be a great way to use your autoresponder, especially if you don’t want your customers to know that you are using one.
If you use a remotely hosted autoresponder, those you send messages to will notice that you are using an autoresponder. You should think of this from their prospective. If you were their customer, you probably wouldn’t want to receive messages from an autoresponder. Instead, you would want to receive your emails and messages from someone real, giving you complete individual attention.
If you are just starting out and happen to be on a tight budget and have the technical skills required, a remotely hosted autoresponder may very well be the best solution. You can use it until you get more money and get back on track, although you shouldn’t use it long term. Remotely hosted programs can get expensive very quickly; as the monthly charges will add it quick each month you use the program.
You can find remotely hosted autoresponder’s all over the Internet; all you have to do is search on Google, Bing or Yahoo.
Although locally hosted autoresponder’s are preferred, they do have disadvantages. Some types will limit how many domains you can install them on. If the vendor doesn’t provide free installation, you could have a problem installing the script, as most require some degree of technical experience. Although you have complete control over the program, locally hosted programs don’t have as many features as remotely hosted programs.
Desktop-hosted autoresponder’s are good, although they have disadvantages. Some types will limit how many copies you can install on different computers. To get the most from them, you’ll need a computer that is always connected to the Internet. You’ll also need some experience to set them up, and they aren’t recommended for those who have large mailing lists.
Although there are 3 main types of autoresponder’s, the type you choose should depend on your website and your needs. What’s the best idea for you may be completely useless to someone else. When you make your final decision, you should always decide on what you need for your company, then pick an autoresponder that works best for you.
Remember, building and managing an optin list is one of the best and most effective ways to increase profits for your business, so it’s important you do it the right way.
As we have discussed before, an optin list is one the best, most effective ways that you can build your business and increase your profits. It can mean the difference between just staying in business and having a successful and profitable business.
Some Quick Tips That You Can Use to Build Your Optin List the Right Way
As you well know, an optin list basically is just a list or a database of names and email addresses of people who have visited or made a purchase through your website. This “golden” list will allow you to send updates, emails or promotions to those who are subscribed.
Building a list can definitely work to your benefit. It helps you stay in contact and build a good relationship with your subscribers, which can lead to more sales for your business.
Here are some quick tips you can use to building your optin list:
– You should put a ‘subscribe link’ or ‘subscribe box’ in your web site. It is advisable to put it on all the pages. Then make sure that it is strategically positioned, meaning it has to be easily located by the visitors. The upper right hand corner of the page would be a good position.
– Promote your website and promote it even more to give it more exposure and to get more subscribers.
– Come up with contests or give away freebies and goodies that will require visitors to give out their email address to be able to join.
– Give out information, articles and updates to your subscribers with your links in it. Make sure the information is timely and relevant to your business.
– Offer free courses, to your visitors. This will help build your list and maintain a good relationship with your subscribers.
– Do some networking. Join some forums or groups and build relationships with the people there. Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Linkedin make this so easy and it’s a good way to add more contacts to your list.
Beware of SPAM
Don’t send bulk email to people who haven’t subscribed to your list. This is spam! Always get permission from people before you add them to your list, or you could ruin your reputation.
You should refrain from flooding your subscribers with information that doesn’t pertain to the reason they subscribed to your list. They will only get annoyed and unsubscribe. You worked hard to get them on your list, so treat them right and keep them there.
As your list grows, make sure that you maintain it well. Keep in contact with your subscribers. Send them updates. Give out special offers, helpful tips and little gifts to let them know you appreciate them.
There are many benefits of having a large list of subscribers. They can keep you in business, help you grow and you will definitely enjoy the profits when they come in.
How to Keep your Subscribers Interested, Engaged and Coming Back for More.
Fact: when your business provides great product or service that satisfies customers, it increases the chance that they will become a repeat customer and buy from you again. Better yet, they will recommend you to other people that could generate more business for you and your site.
This alone can drive more traffic to your site, where you can entice them to subscribe to your list. Then you can send them promotional materials such as newsletters, site updates, special offers etc.
When using email as your marketing medium you can eliminate the high costs of other advertising methods. After all, email is free and if you can manage to make your own promotional advertisements, you can also save a bundle there. The Free website Canva.com is great for this.
With a list of interested subscribers, you can be relatively sure that what you are sending out is received, viewed and read by the subscribers and not simply being deleted. Because they have signed your list and consented to receive it.
This means that there are constant reminders to your subscribers about your business, products and services as well as any promotions and special offers you may have. There is also the chance that they can be forwarded to other potential customers as they tell their friends and families about you and your business.
Of course, you should be also aware that a subscriber might unsubscribe when they feel that they are not getting what they want or expected. Make sure that they are satisfied with the information you provide and this will keep them interested in receiving your email.
Here are few tips for keeping your list interested and engaged:
- Make it easy to subscribe. Provide easy subscription steps and don’t ask for too much information right away. Make sure you tell new subscribers all of the benefits that they can get out of their subscription.
- Make your emails interesting and entertaining. Research what people are looking for, this way you send them information that they will be excited to receive and they will look forward to your emails. For example, if you are selling dancewear, let them know what is new and trending in the dance world.
- When it comes to building a profitable mailing list, the most important thing you can do is offer something your subscribers really want. Quality content is very important. Be sure that the information you’re sending your readers provides value.
- Write content that is informative and engaging. If your subscribers enjoy reading your email, they will click on the links to find out more. This leads to more traffic to your website and ultimately more sales for your business.
If writing isn’t your strong suit, don’t worry there are many professional and experienced writers that can often be hired for a small fee. They know what they’re doing and they can create content for you.
How to Use Articles and Free Reports to Build your List.
Getting new customers for your business should always be a high priority. It is every bit as important as providing a high quality product or service. They should go hand in hand with providing great customer service, because happy customers are repeat customers.
Email marketing is a low cost strategy that is proven effective when used properly. Your mailing list gives to the opportunity to communicate information about your business, products and services to subscribers on a regular basis. It can also be used to market new products and provide excellent customer service.
As we have discussed before once your website visitors subscribe to your list and you have their consent to send them information, promotional materials and follow up with them after they make a purchase. It is essential when using email marketing that you present your promotional items in a manner that will catch the attention of your subscribers and keep them wanting more.
One of the best ways to do this is to provide fun, entertaining and informational articles to your website visitors and in your emails. Well-written articles packed with useful information will help build your list as well as keep your subscribers on your list longer.
A Greater Understanding
Many business owners already understand the importance of using articles to get more traffic, attract new customers and for search engine optimization. Well written, articles not only provide the information people are looking for, they help them find you.
Whenever you write and post an article online, whether is on your own website or blog or submitting it to an article directory like Ezinearticles.com it is then indexed by the search engines. Then when people go online to search for information related to the topic of your article you will have a better chance of attracting their attention.
The real magic of using articles in this way is to provide a link back you’re the optin form on your website in the resource box of every article you publish or submit online. A resource box is simple a short note at the end of your article that includes some information about you (the author) your business and of course a link back you’re your website where they can find more information.
A great way to improve the results you receive from every article you publish is by offering a free report with more information on the topic to anyone who clicks the link and subscribes to your mailing list.
If you have ever subscribed to a mailing list in exchange for a free report or short course (like this one) then you have seen this technique in action and you know first-hand how it works.
When it comes to building, your first email list it’s important to stay focused on your main objectives. There is a lot to learn and the process takes some time, so do your research, learn everything you can and you will have no problem getting results. So, now you know How to build an email list for free