Are you treating your online business like a real business?
The hope and promise of an online business quite often overshadows the reality of running an actual business – which is exactly what an online business is!
So many people come online and think that they can treat it like a hobby, putting in an hour here and an hour there. But it is like anything, “What you put in, you get out!”
Yes a few extra dollars (pounds) here and there are great and might help to pay a bill or two, but who wants that? Surely, putting in the effort and having a large amount of disposable income each and every month is what you really desire?
There is a great quote by American footballer Jerry Rice which goes…
“Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t”
This is absolutely spot on.
So, have you got an online business already? Or are you thinking about starting one? Do you treat it seriously?
Lets face it, if you started a bricks and mortar business you would have to pay out a shed load of money before you even opened your doors:
- business rates (here in the UK at least)
- utilities – heat, light, broadband etc
- stock – if you sell a physical product
- furniture and fixtures – desks, chairs etc
- technology – phones, PC, payment processor, website etc
- staff – if required at the start
- business loan – to pay for all the above
- business licence maybe
And this is just the start!
So, if you think you can just go online and start an online business for free because you don’t need premises, think again! Just saying!
This is where taking it seriously comes in. You WILL need to spend some money to get your online business up and running.
- A domain name
- A website
- A budget for online advertising
- Some training – you don’t think you can learn it all from Youtube do you?!
And not forgetting your most valuable commodity – TIME!
Don’t forget old Jerry Rice! If you are willing to put in as many hours as you can for a few months at the start to get your online business up and cooking you will be well on your way to making some money from your venture.
Now, we are very lucky as we both work our online business together from the comfort of our own home (our commute is several seconds to walk down the stairs!). The main word there is ‘together’. Having your own home based business can be a lonely pastime whether you run it full time or part time while you get it running. We have heard so many stories of people whose spouses, partners and families have poured scorn on their business idea. So be prepared to fend off their negativity with a baseball bat!! Just be aware that when you are burning the midnight oil writing a blog post, or finishing up a Facebook ad or something else that is going to move your business forward, you WILL get people trying to pull you away to spend time with them instead.
But, believe me, once your online business is running on autopilot and bringing you an income you can spend more time with them than you did before you had the business! You will never miss another school sports day or parents evening. Your weekends will be your own and you will actually look forward to Monday mornings, so that you can build your empire some more.
Did you know that it has been proven that living in a life filled with stress is like having a lobotomy as it shuts down the frontal cortex part of the brain. The frontal lobe is the part of the brain that controls important cognitive skills in humans, such as emotional expression, problem solving, memory, language, judgment, and sexual behaviors. It is, in essence, the “control panel” of our personality and our ability to communicate.
So, a stress free life is where it is at! And that my friends is what you get from a successful online business.
SO, Are you prepared to invest a little money and your time?
“Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” —Malala Yousafzai
We have been running a full time online business together for almost 10 years now and we have seen and been a part of many different training programs. We have spent an amount of money on our online training that would probably buy us a modest sized house in the North of England, UK!! Not even joking! Do we regret any of it? NO.
Because it has enabled us to be where we are now.
We have recently stumbled across an online training platform that is one of those “if only we had known about this years ago moments!
This amazing place gives you all this:
* 25 websites w/ a FREE SiteRubix domain / 25 websites w/ your own domain
* Certification Course: 5 Phases with 10 Lessons in each Phase
* Affiliate Bootcamp: 7 Phases with 10 Lessons in each Phase
* Weekly LIVE interactive Video Classes w/replays
* Thousands of Community Tutorials
* Opportunity for earnings: Writing/Videotaping your own tutorials for the WA community
* A Create-your-own-Blog system
* Access to 3000+ FREE WordPress site templates
* 50,000+ FREE WordPress Plugins
* Domain Registry
* Site Speed Technology with powerful servers
* Highly Secured Website Protection/Umbrella Safety
* Site Health Analysis
* Site Comments/Feedback options
* Advanced Site Training Modules/Development Training
* FREE SSL Certificates for Domain Name Ownership
* Site Technical Support 24/7
* Malware/Virus Protection
* Quality Content Building Tools
* Grammar/Plagiarism Tools
* Over One Million FREE Graphics
* Template Tools
* Helpful Community of over One Million Entrepreneurs
* One-On-One access to the Wealthy Affiliate Leaders/Founders
* Ambassador Program for Advancement
* Questions/Answers Archives
* Live Chat Support
* 1.8 Million Registered Entrepreneur Members
* Unlimited Means for a Thriving, Successful Business!
It is actually FREE to join (no trial period – no credit card required). You get a fair amount of the above for free but if you want it all, it is only going to cost you $49 per month or you can save $205 by paying yearly at just $359.
So, lets just go back to Jerry Rice – “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t”
Average cost of starting a bricks and mortar business – $30,000
Cost of investing in Wealthy Affiliate – $FREE to start, discount of $19 for first month of Premium when you are ready and not before, or $359 for a whole year.
Click the image below to get started – You new online business is on the other side